Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 11

Today is a PLC day, which means we start two hours late and classes are 40 minutes long (instead of 59). Today's opener reviews one-step equations and direct/inverse variations.


Partially due to the shortened classes, and partially due to it just being time to do some skill review, today is a "Carnegie Hall" day. ("How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice.") I'll provide the students with a worksheet and they'll work in groups to complete the problems. I haven't decided yet whether to break out the whiteboards for this or not, right now I'm thinking not. With about 10 minutes left in class we'll begin working through them on the smart board so that the "key" is posted to the blog and to try to clear up any remaining questions.









While I think it's fine just to have a "boring" practice day, I'm open to suggestions for how to spice it up a little. Just keep in mind that sometimes I think the students like just cranking away on problems like this, so I don't necessarily see a big problem with it (and they definitely need a little repetition/practice).

No comments:

Post a Comment